VS2P4 & VSCommands interaction problem

May 17, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I'm not sure if this issue lies with VS2P4 or VSCommands.  I had VSCommands installed for quite some time and then recently installed VS2P4.  After installing VS2P4, VSCommands' "friendly solution name" feature stopped working whenever the solution file is write protected (aka not checked out).

To enable the "friendly solution name" feature you add a couple of properties to your solution.  Namely, "Friendly Name" and "Friendly Name - Solution Path Regex".  Visual studio adds these lines to your .sln file...

GlobalSection(ExtensibilityGlobals) = postSolution
  VSC__SolutionFriendlyName = {SolutionName} - {BranchName} Branch
  VSC__SolutionFriendlyNamePathRegex = .*\\(?<BranchName>.*)\\.*\\(?<SolutionName>.*).sln
 EndGlobalSection

When VS2P4 is installed these values are not loaded when the solution is loaded and the .sln file is read-only.  If I check out the .sln file, manually make it writeable, or disable VS2P4, then the values are shown in the solution properties dialog.

Again, I'm not sure it's a VS2P4 issue but I though you might know what the issue is.  Thanks.

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:37 PM

There's a possibility this is fixed with Release 1.80 today. I've changed some environment names to be sure they won't conflict with names used by other packages. 

Jun 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Thanks for the reply but I just installed 1.80 and the problem persists.